By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
All answers to this quiz are found in the March 12-18 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #5
1. The default authentication protocol of Windows Server 2003 is:
a. CSP v.5
b. IPsec v.6
c. Kerberos v.4
d. Kerberos v.5
2. The following claim is NOT true of IPsec:
a. IPSec can supply encrypted transmissions between any two computers on a network.
b. IPSec require a security server when running on an Intranet.
c. IPSec operates on the third (network) layer.
d. To set up IPSec, you only need to establish/revise the default IPSec settings in MMC.
3. Why do you have to press CTRL-ALT-DEL when starting a Windows Server 2003 computer?
a. To clear the Kerberos protocol registry.
b. To lock out potential intruders using the RC2 protocol.
c. To prevent a trojan horse from capturing your login information.
d. To halt all programs while verifying authentification credentials with the CA.
4. A stand-alone server/workstation group name has these limitations:
a. Max 63 characters, can't contain: " / [ ] : ; | = , + * ? < >
b. Max 64 characters, can't contain: " / [ ] : ; | = , + * ? < >
c. Max 63 characters, can't contain: " / [ ] : ; | & @ = , + * # ? < >
d. Max 64 characters, can't contain: " / [ ] : ; | & @ = , + * # ? < >
5. Three of these options are different names for the same object. Which is the fourth, incorrect one?
a. Service ticket
b. Kerberos ticket
c. User ticket
d. KDC ticket
6. PKI involves:
a. Private key encryption only.
b. Public key encryption only.
c. Private and public key encryption.
d. Private, public and remote/third-party key encryption.
7. The built-in file and folder encryption in Windows Server 2003 is called:
a. Encrypting File System
b. Encryption Services
c. Enhanced File Encryption
d. Encryption Object System
8. Which command-line prompt will encrypt/decrypt a file or folder?
9. This statement is NOT true of the encryption process:
a. You can't encrypt a compressed file or folder.
b. Symmetric encryption keys are safe but slow.
c. A recovery agent administrator is required.
d. Symmetric encrypted keys are stored as part of the file.
10. A CTL is an acronym for...
a. Certified Tool List
b. Cipher Trust List
c. Certificate Trust List
d. It's CPL, Certified Profile List, you numbskull!
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!