By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
All answers to this quiz are found in the April 2-8 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #7
1. What's a good way to ensure your paging file doesn't become fragmented?
a. Make the paging file size dynamic.
b. Make the paging file size static.
c. Make the paging file large and keep it on a single drive.
d. Install MPDFRG.EXE and set it to run automatically.
2. By default, the number of active connections in the queue waiting for server attention is 25. During heavy load, you can increase this to...
3. This is NOT a good trick for improving performance:
a. Minimize FTP user isolation.
b. Use ISAPI extensions instead of ISAPI filters.
c. Set up remote virtual directories.
d. Keep websites and FTP servers on different machines.
4. IIS supports how many concurrent CGI applications by default?
5. IIS has a feature for monitoring the health of multiple worker processes servicing an application pool called...
a. HTTP keep-alive
b. IIS monitoring services
c. Application failsafe
d. Rapid-fail protection
6. When looking at the Memory:pages/sec-counter, a number under 20 indicates...
a. Everything is just fine and dandy; have some coffee and relax.
b. You need more RAM.
c. Compare the number to the network card bandwidth to locate possible bottlenecks.
d. Increase the cache allotment.
7. This tool simulates multiple browsers simultaneously connecting to IIS to get content or run apps:
a. Web Application Stress Tool
b. Microsoft Operations Manager
c. Traffic Volume Manager Tool
d. Microsoft Traffic Management Tool
8. HTTP compression only works with web browsers developed after...
9. Application pool settings do NOT apply to this type of applications...
10. This is NOT a good way to boost ASP.NET application performance:
a. Trap exceptions instead of using them to direct program flow.
b. Disable session state, unless you actively plan to use it.
c. Use storied procedures instead of ad hoc queries when accessing back-end SQL data.
d. Never leave caching turned on.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!