Looking for something else?
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
All answers to this quiz are found in the April 9-15 'Manage Users and Groups' and the April 16-22 'Take Care of Windows XP' featured chapter downloads. Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #8
1. What extra features do the Disk Defragmenter tool have in Win XP that the Win 2000 version lacks?
b. Enhanced analysis functionality.
c. A compression-option.
d. Increased defragmentation speed and an automatic defrag-scheduling option.
2. What is the quickest way to create a new user in the Computer Management console?
a. Click the icon marked "NEW" and walk through the wizard.
b. Right-click the Users container and choose "New User".
c. Press Ctrl + N and fill in the popup.
d. Bribe your 5-year old child with an ice cream to do it for you.
3. FAT32 is NOT supported by...
a. Windows Me
b. Windows 2000
c. Windows XP
d. It's a trick question - all the above supports FAT32.
4. How often does the author recommend the typical Win XP user run the Disk Cleanup tool?
b. Every 3 months
c. Every 6 months
d. Every 9 months
5. This level of File/Folder permission allows the user to make changes, but not delete files or change folder permissions.
a. Read & Execute
b. Limited Control
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!