All answers to this quiz are found in the April 9-15 'Manage Users and Groups' and the April 16-22 'Take Care of Windows XP' featured chapter downloads. Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #8
1. What extra features do the Disk Defragmenter tool have in Win XP that the Win 2000 version lacks?
b. Enhanced analysis functionality.
c. A compression-option.
d. Increased defragmentation speed and an automatic defrag-scheduling option.
2. What is the quickest way to create a new user in the Computer Management console?
a. Click the icon marked "NEW" and walk through the wizard.
b. Right-click the Users container and choose "New User".
c. Press Ctrl + N and fill in the popup.
d. Bribe your 5-year old child with an ice cream to do it for you.
3. FAT32 is NOT supported by...
a. Windows Me
b. Windows 2000
c. Windows XP
d. It's a trick question - all the above supports FAT32.
4. How often does the author recommend the typical Win XP user run the Disk Cleanup tool?
b. Every 3 months
c. Every 6 months
d. Every 9 months
5. This level of File/Folder permission allows the user to make changes, but not delete files or change folder permissions.
a. Read & Execute
b. Limited Control
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!
This was first published in April 2004