This tip explains how to use the Auto Complete feature in the Command Prompt.
- Log on as Administrator.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type Regedit and OK.
- Double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Double click SOFTWARE.
- Double click Microsoft.
- Double click Command Processor.
- In the right pane of Regedit, double click the 'CompletionChar' DWORD value.
- Type 9 click OK.
- Close Regedit.
- Click start/programs/accessories/command prompt.
- Type 'cd d' and hit the Tab key. The first folder that matches the 'd' letter is displayed (you can switch from folders pushing several times the Tab key).