Have a service that fails routinely? Do you need time to research without being bothered to restart the service...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
each time it fails? Make the service restart itself:
- Open the services applet. (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services)
- Find the service you wish to restart and right click on it.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- After the Properties windows appears, choose the Recovery tab.
- On the first, second and subsequent failures dropdown boxes, choose your desired action to take when the service fails. For the purpose of this tip, you should choose restart.
- Click OK to lock in the changes.