When installing Windows XP with SP1, your system may freeze with 34 minutes of the installation process remaining. At this point, the USB drivers are being installed. To avoid this problem:
- Restart the system and press F2 or F10 to go to BIOS.
- Select the option to disable USB and save settings.
- Exit BIOS and restart the installation.
- After installation is successfully completed, enable USB in BIOS.
- If necessary, install USB drivers.
Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!