|Post your comments in Dave's discussion forum|
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Centralized Administration -- joins Windows XP Professional systems to a Windows Server domain to take advantage of the full range of powerful management and security tools.
- Group Policy -- simplifies the administration of groups of users or computers.
- Software Installation and Maintenance -- automatically installs, configures, repairs, or removes software applications.
- Roaming User Profiles -- gives access to all your documents and settings no matter where you log on.
- Remote Desktop -- remotely access your Windows XP Professional PC from another Windows PC, so you can work with all of your data and applications while away from your office.
- Offline Files and Folders -- gives access to files and folders on a network share when disconnected from the server.
- Encrypting File System -- protects sensitive data in files that are stored on disk using the NTFS file system.
- Access Control -- restricts access to selected files, applications, and other resources.
- Remote Installation Service (RIS) -- provides support for remote operating system installations where desktops can be installed across the network.