This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com tip exchange by member LaMont Turner. Please let other users know...
how useful it is by rating it below.
You can use Unix Print Services to provide local LPT printing within a Citrix session. This is a much better method than relying on WTSUPRN.inf to auto-create the LPT1 printer for the client session. Here's how to do it:
- Install Unix Print Services on a Windows 2000 or Windows XP workstation.
- Set the service to start automatically.
- Install Unix Print Services on the print server used for Citrix printing.
- Connect to the workstation printer via LPR port using IP address and share name.
- Configure security for the new printer on the print server.
- Configure the printer to be auto-connected for the user within Citrix Management Console.