This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Bill Freed. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
Here are some Regedit command line options that I have found through various sources. Please be very careful if using this tip -- It is very easy to damage your machine's configuration.
- filename: Import .reg files into the registry
- /a: Export non uni-code
- /C: Compressfilename (Windows 98)
- /e: Export a registry file -- Example: RegEdit /e HKCU-Soft.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
- /i: Import .reg files into the registry
- /L: system: Specify the location of the system.dat to use
- /R:user: Specify the location of the user.dat to use
- /s: Silent -- Doesn't diplay any dialog boxes for confirmation
This was first published in August 2002