The following explains how to configure Windows 2000 Recovery Console so that you can gain access to removable media devices without restriction.
- To enable the security option, start the appropriate Windows 2000 security tool:
- Local Security Policy (in Administrative tools)
- Domain Security Policy (in Administrative tools)
- Domain Controller Security Policy (in Administrative tools)
- Security Configuration and Analysis (MMC snap-in)
- In the MMC console tree pane, expand Local Policies, click Security Options, and then click the following security policy in the details pane:
- Recovery Console: Allow floppy copy and access to all drives and all folders
- On the Action menu, click Security.
- When the Local Security Policy Setting dialog box is displayed, click Enabled, and then click OK.
- Start into Recovery Console, and then type the following command at a command prompt:
- set allowremovablemedia = true
You can now copy files to and from a removable media source (for example, a disk).
NOTE: You must retype the set command each time you start into Recovery Console.