Creating shortcut toolbars for your most frequenty used management applications is simple. Here's how:
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Create a new folder for your shorcuts anywhere but on your desktop.
- Send a shortcut to the folder to the desktop (right-click the folder, choose Send To, Desktop (create shortcut)).
- Drag the shortcut to the edge (top, right or left) of your desktop to make the toolbar.
- Customize the toolbar any way you like: auto-hide, text/no text, small/large icons, etc.
- Once finished, delete the folder shortcut from your desktop.
This new toolbar is now part of your profile in Windows XP. I use toolbars for remote management apps and general office apps.
Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!