This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Karl Obayi. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
Here is a solution for any administrator who finds themselves locked out of a PC because of a local GP that has the the "RUN" command disabled:
- Go to Start > Programs > Accessories
- Select the command prompt
- Type "MMC" at the command prompt, and hit enter (A blank console will open)
- Click on "console" on the Menu bar
- Click on "OPEN"
- This will reveal all of the local configured GPs
- Select and open the relevant GP
- Open the appropriate policy and disable as required.