This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Karl Obayi. Let other users know how useful...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
it is by rating the tip below.
Here is a solution for any administrator who finds themselves locked out of a PC because of a local GP that has the the "RUN" command disabled:
- Go to Start > Programs > Accessories
- Select the command prompt
- Type "MMC" at the command prompt, and hit enter (A blank console will open)
- Click on "console" on the Menu bar
- Click on "OPEN"
- This will reveal all of the local configured GPs
- Select and open the relevant GP
- Open the appropriate policy and disable as required.