Intended for temporary users, guest accounts are an easy point of entry for hackers. This is how you can permanently...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Users & Passwords.
- In the Users & Passwords window, select the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced User Management section, click Advanced.
- In the Local Users & Groups window, select the Users folder (left panel). All system users will be listed in the right panel.
- Right-click Guest, then select Properties.
- In the Guest Properties window, select Account is disabled. Click Apply, then OK.
Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!