This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000 Tip Exchange by member Aravind Svr. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
Here is a quick way to display your "Start-up Menu" without having to press F8 on startup:
1. Use Explorer and find "Msdos.sys" in the root directory -- it is a hidden file. (Search for "show all files" in Explorer's help index to see how to show hidden files.)
2. Make a copy of the "Msdos.sys" file in your "Temp" or any other directory just, in case.
3. Right-click "Msdos.sys" and select "Properties."
4. Uncheck the "read-only" attribute.
5. Open an MS-DOS window. (Click Start > Programs > MS-DOS Prompt and type edit "C:Msdos.sys.")
6. Under the 91Options93 section, type:
7. Save the file.
8. In Explorer right-click on "Msdos.sys", select "Properties" and check the read-only attribute.