This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000 Tip Exchange by member Aravind Svr. Let other users know how useful...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
it is by rating the tip below.
Here is a quick way to display your "Start-up Menu" without having to press F8 on startup:
1. Use Explorer and find "Msdos.sys" in the root directory -- it is a hidden file. (Search for "show all files" in Explorer's help index to see how to show hidden files.)
2. Make a copy of the "Msdos.sys" file in your "Temp" or any other directory just, in case.
3. Right-click "Msdos.sys" and select "Properties."
4. Uncheck the "read-only" attribute.
5. Open an MS-DOS window. (Click Start > Programs > MS-DOS Prompt and type edit "C:Msdos.sys.")
6. Under the 91Options93 section, type:
7. Save the file.
8. In Explorer right-click on "Msdos.sys", select "Properties" and check the read-only attribute.