If you're like most IT professionals, you're on a constant quest for answers. The SearchWinSystems.com staff has compiled this list of the most frequently asked questions for each category from our Ask
|SMS & SUS|
|Take a moment to meet our experts and be sure to view the complete list of expert topics.|
|FAQ: Desktop Management||View all in this category Table of Contents|
- What happens if we don't upgrade our NT4 servers before the MS deadline?
- How can I prevent a user from erasing the URL history of sites visited?
- Can't find former admin's password for Win 2000
- Can I give a client temporary local admin rights?
- How can I load software under admin but give different users access rights?
- Client can't get Outlook 2000 to work
- Having problems trying to format my C: Drive
- How can I remove the boot-up menu on Windows 2000?
- How do I remotely access a Windows 2000 desktop?
- How can I recover a lost password on Win XP Pro?
|FAQ: Server Management||View all in this category Table of Contents|
- What server is best for optimal security and performance?
- Disappearing forwarder info on NT4
- Copying Active Directory to a new server
- How do I recover a deleted user profile?
- Unable to access Windows 2000 Server with administrative password
- What is the best approach for creating an exact copy of the C: drive?
- Can I connect to two networks with only one NIC?
- How can I convert a workgroup server to the primary domain server?
- How do I change the product key on a 2003 Server?
- Is there any way to speed up the login process?
- How can I replace the domain controller machine?
- Is there any reason why I can't add a 2003 Server to a domain as DC?
|FAQ: Network Management||View all in this category Table of Contents|
- Can I use a server for everyday activities like web browsing?
- What's the most efficient way to defrag to avoid data loss?
- Why are my client computers having trouble connecting to shared printers?
- How do I set up my desktop to be a server and my other PCs as clients?
- What are the drawbacks to setting up a domain instead of a basic workgroup?
- How do we install extra drive space on our LAN?
- How can I determine which ports are running on a Windows machine?
- Why does it take so long to connect my Win XP machine to a domain?
- Why does my Win XP machine keep getting knocked off the server?
- How do I set up DNS for my internal domain?
- Is frequent defragging damaging to your hard drive?
- Is there a guide to help me configure Win 98 and Win XP on my home network?
|FAQ: SMS and SUS||View all in this category Table of Contents|
- How do I connect a server to an SUS server through a firewall?
- Why won't SUS work over my VPN?
- Why doesn't my workstation receive any patches?
- Does the SUS server update all MS server applications?
- How can I verify that the SUS client is installed properly?
- When do I need to set up SMS secondary site servers?
- Why can't cumulative security patches be pushed via SMS?
- How do I install software on a client workstation remotely?
- Can you manually sync clients with a SUS server?
- Will the SUS service affect Terminal Services servers adversely?
- Can I install the SMS Advanced Client on Win2k machines with SP2?
- Can I distribute any Windows Installer (.msi) application using SMS?
This was first published in January 2005