Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below. Do you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
or workaround to share? Submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!
Here's a fix for slow printing issues for PCs with Windows XP, Service Pack 2 and Samba Print Queues installed.
The following can be deployed by using an SMS package with a file referencing the printers to remove.
1. Edit the registry observing usual caution.
2. Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModePerUser
3. Remove all VALUES for Network printers of the form:
4. Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModes2
5. Remove all VALUES for Network printers of the form: