Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!
Microsoft Word occasionally behaves erratically when running in Windows. Often this is because the normal.dot template file is corrupted. To troubleshoot:
- Search for the file normal.dot
- Save the file in a folder.
- Make sure all Word applications are closed.
- Delete the normal.dot file. (When Word is opened, it automatically creates a new normal.dot template file.)
- Check to see that it is functioning properly.