Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!
Microsoft Word occasionally behaves erratically when running in Windows. Often this is because the normal.dot template file is corrupted. To troubleshoot:
- Search for the file normal.dot
- Save the file in a folder.
- Make sure all Word applications are closed.
- Delete the normal.dot file. (When Word is opened, it automatically creates a new normal.dot template file.)
- Check to see that it is functioning properly.