Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver...
or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!
Microsoft Word occasionally behaves erratically when running in Windows. Often this is because the normal.dot template file is corrupted. To troubleshoot:
- Search for the file normal.dot
- Save the file in a folder.
- Make sure all Word applications are closed.
- Delete the normal.dot file. (When Word is opened, it automatically creates a new normal.dot template file.)
- Check to see that it is functioning properly.