This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com tip exchange by member Bill Downey. Please let other users know...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
how useful it is by rating it below.
Workstations left logged on with active programs running are a security risk. Here's how you can "force" users to log off and exit programs:
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the Winexit.scr file in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit folder on your hard disk.
- Right-click the Winexit.scr file, and then click Install. The "Display Properties" dialog box appears with the Screen Saver tab active. The Logoff Screen Saver entry is automatically selected. Click Settings.
- Select the "Force Application Termination" box to force programs to quit. In the "Countdown For n Seconds" box, type the number of seconds you want the logoff dialog box to appear before the user is logged off.
- In the "Logoff Message" box, type the message that you want to appear during the logoff countdown. Click OK.
- In the "Display Properties" box, click Preview. You'll see the "Auto Logoff" box which displays the logoff message and the countdown timer. Click Cancel and then click OK.