MakeLogic Tail has a user friendly GUI and shows the last few lines of a growing log file in real time. Multiple log files can be tailed simultaneously. Simply drag and drop a log file into the MakeLogic Tail application window and it starts tailing the file. It is as simple as that.
Log files can be taken from the same machine or from any other accessible location in the network. This tool is a java application. Hence, it can work on all the platforms including Windows and Linux.
Key Features include:
- Similar to "tail -f" of Linux
- Monitor log files in real time
- Highlights keywords in different colors
- Users can choose the keywords
- Search the log files
- Easy to use GUI with Drag and Drop features
- Works on Windows 2003, XP, 2000, 98, NT and Linux
- Multiple log files can be tailed simultaneously
- Files can be from the same machine or from any other accessible locations on the network
- Shows line number and column number of the cursor
- Shows last modified date and time
- Keeps track of recently opened documents.
Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful
Windows tip, timesaver or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you
could win a prize!
This was first published in June 2006