By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Your company is probably already conducting e-business, but it's an ongoing process, as more and more of your activities get electronicized. This tip, which is extracted from The e-Business (r)Evolution, published by Prentice Hall PTR, lists strategies that you can follow each time you begin a new project in e-business.
To succeed with the Internet business it may be helpful to get through the following steps:
- Find a champion - Get the management involved and explain the benefits.
- Plan for change � Technology will change the corporate culture.
- Define a pilot project � Don't try to change everything at once.
- Estimate the costs � Training, maintenance and support will be the majority of costs.
- Measure productivity � Measure it before and after the pilot has been implemented.
- Re-engineer business processes � Make technology part of the business re-engineering process, but don't let it dominate.
- Learn as you go � Make adjustments while you implement.
- Prepare for resistance � People won't' change overnight and organizations are even slower.