If you're using NT's Terminal Server and Microsoft Office 2000, you've probably seen an error message directing you to the Office 2000 Resource Kit for instructions and tools. Here's what the error's all about. You must use what's called a Transform file, a file that ends in the .mst extension that will make changes to the Setup.exe file. So, if you simply try to install Office 2000 from Autorun on the CD, the .mst file won't be in...
Here are the steps to install Office 2000 correctly on the NT Terminal Server (or Windows 2000 Terminal Server) operating system:
- Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Install | Next.
- Browse to the root folder of Office Disc 1, select Setup.exe, and click OK. This will add Setup.exe to the Command Line For Installation Program box
- In the Command Line For Installation Program box, after Setup.exe, add a space followed by TRANSFORMS="path:TermSrvr.mst" (where path is the location of the .mst file) and click Next.
- In the Change User Options dialog box, select All Users Begin With Common Application Settings and click Next.
- Type your customer information and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Click Install Now, and when prompted, restart the computer and log back on to Windows as the same user to allow Office 2000 Setup to complete successfully.