Marketing Strategy on the Web
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Microsoft is promoting Windows 2000 as an Internet and e-commerce platform. If you are in one of the shops that run Windows 2000 and are looking to utilize the e-commerce capabilities of the new OS, this should be an interesting read.
Excerpted from The E-Business (R)evolution, by Daniel Amor, published by New Riders.
A strategy for marketing on the Internet should follow these rules:
- Brands - Your web site becomes your most important brand.
- Change - The rules on the Internet are changing.
- Conciseness - Keep your pages short and spread information on several pages.
- Content - Content is king; don't bore your customers.
- Dynamic Sites - Create dynamic sites that use new technologies to adapt information based on user profiles.
- Finances - Try new markets with low advertising pricing schemes.
- Free Give-aways - Create freebee offerings for your loyal customers.
- Global Village - think global, but localize.
- Live Events - Online events create awareness fast.
- Niche Markets - The Internet is a series of niche markets and mass markets.
- Promotion - Promote your site everywhere.
- Syndication - Co-brand your services and products.
- Technology - Use Internet technology to maximize your marketing objectives.