Upgrading to a new PC? This tip can help you avoid having to re-enter your Microsoft Outlook contact database.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
When you upgrade to a new PC, sometimes the contact database you have built in Microsoft Outlook over the years doesn't copy across. Or maybe you are moving several different contact lists into one, and don't want to re-enter them all.
Once you've imported it correctly, make sure you enable the contact list by doing the following:
- Go to the Contact tab, to OPEN your contact lists,
- Select the list or group you wish to be displayed in your Send to
- Right click on it, go to Properties
- Go to the tab for Outlook Address Book
- Check the checkbox for Show this folder as an email address book.
- Then when you click on the Send to button in your email, you will see that contact list as a selection to choose from, with all the contacts in that folder.
Rating this tip below will let us know how useful it was to you. And if you have a Windows tip, timesaver or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest. You could win the prize for that contest.