As some of you may know, the msconfig tool is used widely in Windows 98 and Windows Me. What you don't know is that is can be used in Windows 2000 as well.
Here's what to do:
- Search your computer (running 98 or Me) for the msconfig.exe file or search the install CD for the file.
- Once you get the file, save it to a floppy disk.
- Take the floppy to your computer running Windows 2000 and copy the msconfig.exe file to the C:WNNTSYSTEM folder.
- Then, go to Start --> Run, and type msconfig in the Open line.
- You will get an error. Just click OK and you will be in the System Configuration Utility.