If you've passed at least one currently valid MCP exam and have a valid Microsoft passport account, it's worth...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
your while to check out the newly redesigned MCP Member Home page.
Here's a quick overview of what you'll find there:
- A product resource center for Windows Server 2003 with links to overview and background information, security stuff galore, Windows Server 2003 courses and all kinds of technical information.
- Access to MCP private newsgroups, organized around regions or countries. The newsgroups offer peer-to-peer discussions on general topics, announcements and events, as well as job-related threads and advice.
- An MCP career planner (developed with CareerBuilder.com) where MCPs can post resumes to look for work, and see what kinds of opportunities are available to them.
- A certification planner that examines your MCP transcript and tells you what additional exams you must take, if any, to qualify for all the various versions and specializations for Microsoft certifications.
- A transcript sharing system for prospective employers. You define an access code for the employer or any other interested party and they use that code to view your official MCP transcript.
- Special offers, including limited-time discounts and the opportunity to view all kinds of MCP-oriented content and information.
The privileges of MCP membership include access to this site, which looks to have some interesting new value as a result of its most recent update. If you're able, do check it out; if you're not, remember to visit once you do earn MCP status.
Ed Tittel is a long-time certification follower. He's series editor for Exam Cram 2, a popular assembly of cert prep books from Que Publishing, and a contributing editor for Certification Magazine. He also covers certification topics for InformIT.com, and numerous other TechTarget Web sites.