To export information from Active Directory, such as e-mail addresses, user names, etc.:
- Run Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Select View -> Add/Remove Columns, and add the columns you want to display and export (e-mail address, last name, etc.).
- Select the Users container or another organizational unit (OU) within your Active Directory hierarchy.
- Right click on this same container/OU, select Export List and provide a path/filename.
- Open up the exported text file with Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet application.
You now have the information you need in spreadsheet format.
This was first published in September 2003