We all know the epidemic spyware has become. But you can significantly reduce the amount places they like to hide...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
on any Windows-based computer.
1. In the Control Panel, select Internet Options.
2. On the General tab under "History" (near the bottom) change the "Days to keep pages in history" from 20 to 1. Or better yet, choose 0 if you don't want any history. Click Apply.
3. Under the "Temporary Internet files" heading click the "Settings" button and reduce the "Temporary Internet files folder" to 1 MB. Click OK and then click Apply.
4. Under the Advanced tab look under the "Security" heading (near the bottom) and place a check mark on "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed." Click Apply and OK.
5. Also, be sure to use reputable spyware/adware removal tools.
Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below! If you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver or workaround to share, submit it to our tip contest and you could win a prize!