This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Matt Feightner. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
To see all of your group policies from one handy MMC console, simply do the following:
- Select Start > Run > mmc.
- At 'Console1' console menu, go to 'Add/Remove Snap-in' and then click 'Add'.
- In the 'Add Standalone Snap-ins' list, choose 'Group Policy', then click Add.
- At the 'Select Group Policy Object' window, click 'Browse' and then select the 'All' tab. Make sure your domain is listed under 'Look in'. All group policies for the domain will be listed here. Unfortunately you'll have to add the policies one at a time -- this window doesn't allow you to select all. Just repeat steps 3 and 4 until all group policies are listed in your 'Add/Remove Snap-in' window.
- When you've finished adding all your group policies, click 'Close' and then 'OK'. Remember to save the console before closing it, and to add it to 'Administrative Tools' or wherever you might prefer.
Remember to update the list whenever you add or remove policies.