By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Microsoft certifications are some of the most sought-after certs on the IT market, and with the upcoming release of Windows Vista, even more cert exams are hitting the streets. This guide features all the latest developments in the world of Microsoft certifications, as well as must-know info on MCSA and MCSE to get your IT career on the fast track to success. We'll be updating this page from time to time, so be sure to come back often to see what's new. Also, feel free to contact us and let us know what else you'd like to see included in this guide.
-- Brendan Cournoyer, Associate Site Editor
More information on Microsoft certifications.
Updated 04 - 18 - 07
| TABLE OF CONTENTS
MCSA and MCSE
Answers from our experts
|What's new?||Return to Table of Contents|
- Specialists have more reason to chase Microsoft Vista certifications
Expert Ed Tittel gives the straight scoop on reasons to take Windows Vista certification exams now or to wait. Depending on your job, either option may be correct.
- Upcoming releases spur new certification exams
Microsoft is tweaking its certification exams to get IT professionals ready for the release of Vista 2007, Exchange Server 2007 and Office 2007.
- Whither go Microsoft certification future?
Microsoft's certification requirements can be arduous or easy. Read this article on certification requirements and commentary on the results of the SearchWinIT.com survey.
- Status of Microsoft certs
Career expert Ed Tittel recently spoke with Microsoft Learning Group Project Manager Al Valvano about what's on tap for Microsoft's certification programs, and how they will be affected by the upcoming release of Windows Vista.
- New crop of Microsoft cert exams springs up in April
Spring is in the air, and more than just the flowers are in bloom. Expert Ed Tittel goes over some of the newest Microsoft certifications that have begun their lifecycles in April 2006.
- A sudden upswing in Windows 2003 credentials
Changes in Microsoft's certification process have caused an increased interest in Windows 2003-related exams. Certification expert Ed Tittel delves into the reasons for the recent trend.
- New database admin credential completes exam slate
Microsoft has released new exams aimed at MCITP for SQL Server DBA candidates.
- New MCP exam betas already underway
Expert Ed Tittel runs through the roster of new Microsoft certifications, along with the planned data test periods where applicable.
|MCSA and MCSE||Return to Table of Contents|
- Step-by-Step Guide: Prepping for MCSA and MCSE certification
When it comes to pursuing Microsoft certifications, nothing beats well-rehearsed preparation and practice. Ed Tittel, SearchWinIT.com contributor and columnist for Certification Magazine, provides a step-by-step guide crammed with solid expert advice on best practices you need to know for prepping for certification.
- Pros and cons of MCSE and MCSA Certification
As two of the best-known and most widely-pursued IT certifications, it's important to understand the costs and benefits of MCSE and MCSA. Come along as certification guru Ed Tittel describes the pros and cons of both options.
- SearchWinIT.com readers sound off on MCSE
The current state of Microsoft's certification program has caused plenty of debate amongst IT professionals. With the announcement that a revamped MCSE program is on the way, our readers have plenty to say. The following is a compilation of five letters to the editor describing how people feel about the current process, as well as the changes to come.
- The scoop on Microsoft's security and messaging credentials
What are the advantages of Microsoft's new security and messaging specializations? Certification guru Ed Tittel walks you through the requirements for two new MCSA and MCSE credentials.
- Stick with Win2000 or switch to Windows Server 2003 certifications?
Expert Ed Tittle takes a look at the differences between the two cert paths and offers some advice when choosing which to focus on.
- Windows Server 2003: New exams, new strategies
Expert Ed Tittel discusses how you can upgrade your MCSA and MCSE certifications with these exams for Windows Server 2003.
- Counting MCPs one more time
Certification guru Ed Tittel reports on the rising number of Microsoft certified professionals.
|Answers from our experts||Return to Table of Contents|
- Is getting certified mandatory?
- What will be the hottest certs for 2006?
- What's more valuable: a four-year degree or specialized certification?
- Should I finish my Win2000 training and upgrade to Win2003?
- Are there any good books out there to help in studying for the MCSE?
- What is the best site for MCSE and CISSP certification study?
- Can a MCSA get you an IT job without experience?
- Can an MCSE help me get a job in the U.S.?
- Can I get certified in MIIS?
- Have a question that you don't see here? Check out our Ask the Experts section to learn more about certifications and other topics, or send your own question to our career expert Ed Tittel.
What do you think of this guide? Would you like to see more guides like this? Is anything missing from this page that you'd like to see added? E-mail us your thoughts and comments.