Despite their advances in reliability, hard disk drives still pose many questions for Windows administrators. Does...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
a new drive need to be formatted? How many passes does it take to ensure that data on the drive has been erased? How can you tell if a drive is about to fail? In this technical guide, SearchWinComputing.com contributors identify some issues they've encountered while managing and maintaining hard disk drives.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Be wary of preformatted external hard disk drives
- Hard disk drive MTBFs: The four biggest misperceptions
- Hard disk drives dying: Six signs a hard drive is about to fail
- Storage management software helps when hard disk drives fail
- Quick-formatting hard disk drives: A shortcut, but safe
- Erasing hard disk drive data: How many passes are needed?
Having problems defragging your hard disk drive? Check out our Disk Defragmentation Fast Guide, and receive step-by-step defragmentation advice.