- ADMODIFY.NET v2.1: This is a bulk change utility available from Microsoft. The latest version can be found at gotdotnet.com or by asking your technical support manager. This will allow you to perform bulk modifications against Active Directory objects. You can pick them via the GUI, or an LDAP query.
Below are some sample screen shots of the functionality available in ADMODIFY 2.1.
- CSVDE: Microsoft publishes a good article on how to use CSVDE to import contacts and user objects into AD.
- LDIFDE: Microsoft also publishes a good article on how to use LDIFDE to import and export directory objects.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchExchange.com:
- Expert Advice: How to update multiple mailbox properties using LDIFDE
- Tip: Preparing for a mailbox migration
- 11 tips in 11 minutes: Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003
- Learning Guide: Exchange migration
- Reference Center: Exchange Server migration tips and resources
Dig Deeper on Exchange Server setup and troubleshooting
Related Q&A from Peter Tersteeg
If recently created mailboxes are not displayed in the GAL after a migration to Exchange 2007, Active Directory (AD) has yet to replicate the ... Continue Reading
If you are migrating mailboxes across domains after an upgrade to Exchange Server 2007, you will need to update the Exchange Management Console. Continue Reading
Items deleted before an Exchange Server migration will not carry over to the new server, even if a Deleted Items Retention period is set. Find out ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.