Domain name is infotech.edu
1. Created a users using the users node in the domain infotech.edu
2. Created an OU called "Students" in the domain.
3. Created a security group called "2004Students" in the OU Students.
4. Added the users created in 1. to the security group "2004Students".
5. Created a Group Policy called "Folder redirection" using the OU "Students" properties sheet.
6. Edited the User configuration/Windows settings/folder redirection/My Documents/properties:
- changed to Advanced
- added the security group "2004Students" and set target folder (which was created before and shared with the security group "2004Students") using the %username% variable.
- applied changes.
Now when I log on from a client computer and type a doc, the my documents folder is NOT going to the server.
Dig Deeper on Windows systems and network management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.