Also make sure that your security settings in Internet Explorer are not overly restrictive. You should also check out Microsoft Knowledge Base article 924334: The Compose Message form stops responding after you install Internet Explorer 7.0 and the S/MIME control on an Outlook Web Access client in Exchange Server 2003. This symptom is very common and is frequently resolved using the hotfix described in the KB article.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchExchange.com:
- Expert Advice: Troubleshooting a red X in the email message field in OWA
- Expert Advice: Ghost email in Exchange 2000
- Tip: Exchange 2003 SP2 and Internet Explorer 7 compatibility problems
- Tip: Using S/MIME in Microsoft Outlook
- Reference Center: Outlook Web Access tips and resources
Dig Deeper on Outlook management
Related Q&A from Bradley Dinerman
Find out how you can avoid DNS issues related to a Exchange 2003 server only collecting email from specific POP3 domains. Continue Reading
Are you having trouble with duplicate appointments in your Microsoft Outlook 2003 calendar? Learn what may cause this to happen. Continue Reading
Learn the best way to configure the default recipient policy in an Exchange 2003 test environment. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.