Problem solve Get help with specific problems with your technologies, process and projects.

How can I create a group policy to redirect the My Documents folder?

I want to create a group policy that will redirect the My Documents folder to S: (this being their home directory). Can you help?
There's nothing stopping you from just redirecting the My Documents folder directly to the servershare that is represented by that S: drive. However, you may alternatively perform a slightly more elegant solution. Simply choose "Redirect to the user's home directory" in the "My Documents" properties of the policy setting. In order to see this addition, you'll need to have the Windows 2003 Administrative Tools loaded, which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standard/sag_adminpack.asp.

Dig Deeper on Windows systems and network management

Have a question for an expert?

Please add a title for your question

Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.

You will be able to add details on the next page.

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

Please create a username to comment.