How do I create a network boot disk for an unattended installation of Windows2000Professional? Use the rbfg.exe...
utility, as detailed here, and numerous white papers on the Microsoft Windows 2000 site - www.microsoft.com/windows2000, or in the various techtarget offerings. Briefly, you would do the following:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type the path of the Rbfg.exe tool, and then click OK. The default path is: RISservernameReminstAdmini386Rbfg.exe
- Insert a formatted floppy disk into the disk drive.
- Click the destination drive option, and then click Create Disk.
- Click Close, and then remove the floppy disk from the disk drive.
Dig Deeper on Windows File Management
Related Q&A from Laura Hunter
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter offers some advice for changing the IP addresses of domain controllers. Continue Reading
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter tells a reader what to keep in mind when deleting subnets associated with sites being removed in an ... Continue Reading
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter explains to a reader what must be done to change the default display specifiers for new users in Active ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.