Problem solve Get help with specific problems with your technologies, process and projects.

Where can I find a commercial control that offers the kind of accessor I want?

Do you know an ActiveX like the MSHFlexGrid (Hierarchical) that provides programming access like ListView where I could make reference to the items of the grid with a ListItems and SubListItem collections and not (like provided by the MSHFlex) have to use the X, Y coordinates of cells?
I'm not sure if any of the commercial controls such as those from FarPoint offer the type of accessors you want. However, you could always provide a wrapper object on top of a grid control to give you that kind of access. It will require you to aggregate the control, but that should not be too difficult to do.
This was last published in September 2001

Dig Deeper on Windows Operating System Management

Have a question for an expert?

Please add a title for your question

Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.

You will be able to add details on the next page.

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy

Please create a username to comment.