BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Windows PowerShell 4.0 is backward compatible. This means that cmdlets, providers, modules, snap-ins, scripts, functions, and profiles that were designed for Windows PowerShell 3.0 and Windows PowerShell 2.0 work in Windows PowerShell 4.0 without changes.
New features in PowerShell 4.0 include:
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) - enables the deployment and management of configuration data for software services and the environment in which these services run.
- Save-Help - allows administrators to copy a saved Help to a remote shared folder or a remote computer that does not have Internet access.
- Enhanced PowerShell debugger - allows administrators to debug Windows PowerShell workflows and scripts that are running on remote computers.
Continue Reading About Microsoft Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Modernize business-critical workloads with intelligence –DellEMC
- Optimize refresh cycles by leveraging real-world data –DellEMC
- See More
- Exchange Insider E-Zine Vol. 14: Securing Mobile Devices and Exchange –SearchSecurity.com