Get a glimpse inside Windows Server Undocumented Solutions , with this excerpt from Chapter 6, "Server management."
This chapter digs into the meaty parts of server management. Get the inside scoop on pain-free backups, undocumented preventative maintenance procedures and nifty policy strategies. As a bonus, you get some interesting tips on how to deal with migration issues. Some of the topices covered in this chapter include:
- Migrating a Windows Installation to a Similar Computer
- Modifying NTBACKUP Behavior
- Backing Up and Restoring the Remote Storage Database
- Backing Up and Restoring IIS Installations
- Repairing a Missing Default Domain Controller Policy on a Windows 2000 Server and more!
This chapter download from Windows Server Undocumented Solutionsby Serdar Yegulalp is printed with permission from McGraw-Hill/Osborne Media, Copyright 2004.
To see all chapter downloads available on SearchWinSystems.com, click here.
Dig Deeper on Enterprise infrastructure management
Installation of the Microsoft Hyper-V server role
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Insider Solutions -- Chapter 8, 'Administering Windows Server 2
Mastering Windows Server 2003: Chapter 1, 'Windows Server 2003 Overview'
How to Cheat at Managing Windows Server Update Services -- Chapter 6, 'Administering WSUS Servers'