IAS is the Windows Server 2003 implementation of RADIUS. The IAS server will authenticate users who enter your...
corporate network through the VPN connection. As such, your IAS server must be a member server in one of your domains and must be running Windows Server 2003.
- To install IAS, open the Control Panel and choose the Add/Remove Programs option.
- When the Add or Remove Programs dialog box appears, click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select the Networking Services option and click Details.
- Now, choose the Internet Authentication Service option.
- Click OK, followed by Next, to install IAS.
HOW TO SET UP A VPN
Step 1: Setup requirements
Step 2: Implement DHCP services
Step 3: Create an enterprise certificate authority
Step 4: Install IAS
Step 5: Configure IAS
Step 6: Create a remote access policy
Step 7: Configure the VPN server
Step 8: Associate the VPN server with the DHCP server
Step 9: Configure your remote clients
Step 10: Test the client connection
Step 11: Alternate VPN configuration options
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brien M. Posey, MCSE, is a Microsoft MVP for his work with Windows 2000 Server, Exchange Server and IIS. He has served as CIO for a nationwide chain of hospitals and was once in charge of IT security for Fort Knox. For more information visit www.brienposey.com.