SearchWinComputing.com editors announced today their annual Products of the Year Awards. The winners span three product categories with nine new or updated products that enterprise IT professionals should consider when evaluating new Windows hardware and software tools.
More than 40 entries were evaluated for the SearchWinComputing.com awards, which were divided into Server Monitoring Tools, Remote Control Software and Disaster Recovery categories.
The products were judged by TechTarget editors in conjunction with teams of users, industry experts, analysts and consultants. Judges evaluated Windows products introduced and shipped between Sept. 30, 2005, and Nov. 1, 2006. Gold, Silver and Bronze Award winners were selected by a panel of judges based on these seven criteria: innovation, performance, ease of integration into existing environments, ease of use and manageability, functionality, value and support.
Entries vied for top honors in three SearchWinComputing.com categories. Ipswitch Inc.'s WhatsUp Professional Premium 2006 placed first in the Server Monitoring Tools category. Winning the Gold Award in the Remote Control Software category was GoToMyPC Corporate 5.0 from Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems. VMware Inc.'s VMware Infrastructure 3 was named Product of the Year in the Disaster Recovery category. Each category's Gold, Silver and Bronze Award winners are listed on the site.
The complete listing of winners is as follows:
- Gold: Ipswitch Inc. -- WhatsUp Professional Premium 2006
- Silver: LANDesk Software -- LANDesk Server Manager
- Bronze: Heroix Inc. -- Longitude V3
- Gold: Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems -- GoToMyPC Corporate 5.0
- Silver: LogMeIn Inc. -- LogMeIn Rescue
- Bronze: PJ Technologies Inc. -- Goverlan Remote Control Version 6.5
- Gold: VMware Inc. -- VMware Infrastructure 3
- Silver: Ecora Software -- Ecora Auditor Professional Version 4.0
- Bronze: The Neverfail Group -- Neverfail Data Rollback Module
TechTarget's annual Products of the Year 2006 Awards covered a total of 15 product categories and highlighted nearly 45 new products in the Windows market that enterprise IT professionals should consider when examining new hardware and software tools. More than 160 entries vied for Product of the Year honors.