How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #19
1. What is the easiest way to locate Extended Procedures?
a. Check syscommands for the substring "extend".
b. Search the master database for the prefix "xp_".
c. Put up a DBCC trace flag for "extend".
d. Search the master database for the substring "extend".
2. Which procedure can be used to return the source for any unencrypted procedural object in a database?
3. Some undocumented features are completely superflous. The author lists this feature as a prime example:
c. BDCC TRACEON
4. What goodies can you find snooping around in master..syscommands?
a. None. It's syscomments, not syscommands, doofus!
b. Undocumented DBCC commands.
c. Undocumented trace flags.
d. Comments and shortcuts from the Microsoft developers.
5. What is the best overall strategy for dealing with undocumented features, according to the author?
a. Stick to regular features unless you have no other option, or you're specifically instructed to use them by Microsoft.
b. Go treasure hunting - you can gain a lot by fully utilizing undocumented features.
c. Study undocumented features as a way to learn the ins and outs of the product, but never actually use them.
d. You can use undocumented features freely, but document everything thoroughly to avoid problems down the road.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!