Determine the best overall order to deploy Windows 2000 in your organizations. Here?s one suggested set of deployment steps:
- Define your current environment by determining which server and client operating systems are currently in use in your organization.
- Study their functionality and the purposes they serve.
- Study whether the number of users is likely to change due to mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, or growth.
- Study the need to scale your server environment (determine your needs for clustering and load balancing as well as Terminal Services).
- Design your Active Directory structure including your DNS namespace.
- Upgrade your network infrastructure and member servers.
- Implement Active Directory and storage management.
- Upgrade or migrate your clients to Windows 2000 Professional.
- Implement desktop management using change and configuration management tools.