Now that you've learned how to create an Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox Policy, you need to now how to assign that...
mobile device security policy to specific users:
- Open the Exchange Management Console and navigate through the console tree to Recipient Configuration -> Mailbox to view a list of all users in your Exchange Server organization.
- Right click on the user to whom you want to assign the policy and select Properties.
- Go to the Mailbox Features tab. This tab is used to enable or to disable Exchange ActiveSync, but if you look closely at Figure 3, you will notice that it also contains a Properties button.
Figure 3 : Enable or disable the ability to use mobile devices here.
- Select Exchange ActiveSync from the list and click the Properties button to display the Exchange ActiveSync Properties dialog box shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Assign an Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox policy to a user here.
- Select the Apply an Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox policy checkbox.
- Now click the browse button and select the policy that you would like to apply.
- Click OK to complete the process.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: HOW TO SECURE MOBILE DEVICES IN EXCHANGE 2007
Step 1: How to create an ActiveSync Mailbox Policy in Exchange Server 2007
Step 2: How to assign an Exchange 2007 ActiveSync Mailbox Policy to users
Step 3: How to remotely wipe a mobile device in Exchange Server 2007
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Brien M. Posey, MCSE
Brien M. Posey, MCSE, is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for his work with Exchange Server, and has previously received Microsoft's MVP award for Windows Server and Internet Information Server (IIS). Brien has served as CIO for a nationwide chain of hospitals and was once responsible for the Department of Information Management at Fort Knox. As a freelance technical writer, Brien has written for Microsoft, TechTarget, CNET, ZDNet, MSD2D, Relevant Technologies and other technology companies. You can visit Brien's personal Web site at http://www.brienposey.com.